[McIDAS #DJR-180829]: Mcidas xcd vs ldm mcidas

Hi Randy,

re: check the files for old data
> Ok....so for example I will check the MDXX00*7 files (those that will be
> written to starting 00z tomorrow). If they exist, delete them today as
> they represent files from 10 days ago. And so on.

Exactly.  The key is to delete/move a file _before_ it gets to be 10
days old (has data that is 10 days old).  This is one of the biggest
warts in McIDAS, and it is caused by the archaic file naming convention.
It would be a "good thing" for XCD to be upgraded to write to files
that do not use the old naming convention.  I don't think that anyone
has seriously proposed this to SSEC in a while.  Perhaps it is time
for you to send them an inquiry requesting the modification?

Ticket ID: DJR-180829