[McIDAS #DJR-180829]: Mcidas xcd vs ldm mcidas

Hi Randy,

> Interesting. I found that the MD files were broken again this morning.
> My fix yesterday seemed to work but when we moved to today the MDXX00*6
> files were not able to be read by McIDAS. Not sure why. I changed the
> cron back to 7 days.
> Any clues?

If the MDXX00*6 files had been written to previously and not deleted before
they got to be 10 days old, then you would see the same problem.  The best
way to check this is to use PTLIST to see the date of the first few records
of each MD file.  If the data is old, then the files should be moved or
scoured before new data destined for the same file number is received.  Remember
that the file that will be written to will have the same last digit as
the last digit of the current Julian day.

> Also, I may be attending the GOES-R users conference May 1-3 in Boulder.
> Would it be possible to stop by your place to check it out and talk more
> about IDV/XCD etc.

Yes, absolutely.  I would be disappointed if you were in the area and did
not stop by for some talks.  By the way, I will most likely be attending
the GOES-R conference also.

Ticket ID: DJR-180829
Department: Support McIDAS