[McIDAS #MHL-637032]: question about imgremap

Hi Ying,

> FYI, I tried to load the file with ENVI4.0 today, it also says arbitrary map
> based projection.
>
> I googled ArcGIS 9.2 and found this
> http://www.gis.ucar.edu/sig/data_model/workshop_2005/minutes.html
> "Steve Kopp presented a look at relevant new features in ArcGIS 9.2, which is
> slated to roll out about January 2006. ArcGIS 9.2 includes netCDF/COARDS
> point and raster direct read capability, including automatic detection of the
> 0-360 degree grid orientation."

Yes, we have been in touch with ESRI about inclusion of netCDF support into
their ArcGIS.

> I think "the 0-360 degree grid orientation" is what we are looking for. It
> seems tags in GeoTIFF are kind of tricky. I will further check these tags
> tomorrow.

I don't think that this is the problem.

> Just let me know if you have news on Friday, thanks!

We now have ArcGIS 9.2 loaded here at Unidata.  ArcMap 9.2 doesn't understand
the navigation in the
McIDAS-produced GeoTIFF image either, but one can overlay a map on top of it
fairly easily.
Since the geo tags I see appear to be correct, I have to assume that one of the
"additional"
tags being included is causing the image to not be recognized as a GeoTIFF with
valid
navigation.  I will play with the code more to see if I can figure this out.

> Ying

Ticket ID: MHL-637032