20051111: adde.ucar.edu IP address changed; action needed (cont.)

>From: "Corcoran, William T" <address@hidden>

Hi Bill,

>I got more problems.
>
>Once I made the changes, to MCTABLE, data flow stopped.  I had meetings
>and other engagements and couldn't get back at it until noon today.
>Basically, no data since 9am Thursday, Nov. 10.

Not good...

>Some of the current problems may be us as we are in the middle of a
>domain change from smsu.edu to missouristate.edu, and in seeking to
>solve some other problems, I made the changeover to cumulus, which had
>been running as cumulus.smsu.edu...it should now be running as
>cumulus.missouristate.edu.

I don't think this is the problem.  We have open access for .edu sites.

>At any rate, trying to chase this thing down, I can ping and do a
>traceroute on your machines, so at least I know I have one level of
>connectivity (this was actually in doubt yesterday when I had to quit).

>Currently, the error I get when I try to run a job is, for example:
>GRDDISP: Cannot contact server (connect() failed).
>
>Any ideas?

Please do the following and let me know the results:

<as 'mcidas'>                 <- I assume that you are running your scripts
                                 as 'mcidas'
cd ~mcidas/workdata

env | grep ^MC                <- I want to see your environment variable
                                 settings

cat ~/data/VERSION.TXT        <- I want to see what version of McIDAS you
                                 are running.  If it is an old version,
                                 this may be your problem

dataloc.k LIST                <- I want to see how you have your client routing
                                 table setup
cat MCTABLE.TXT               <-  "
cat ~/data/ADDESITE.TXT       <-  "

If you like, I could logon as 'mcidas' and scope out the situation.  Please
let me know.