20051107: McIDAS-related questions (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hi Mekonnen,

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 you said:

>I am now re-gridding it in IDL to derive
>an equal grid map, and this should solve the problem.

Does this mean that you do not need the McIDAS routine that copies
the navigation block out of an existing AREA into one created
by MAKEAREA?

I need to know so that I will know whether or not I need to
continue working on a modification to MAKNAV.  Like you, I
have a deadline for a conference paper: my AMS paper is due
today, and I still have a lot of work to do on it (sigh).

>From address@hidden  Mon Nov  7 08:18:49 2005

Hello Tom,

I just returned from a 3-day-long NSF-EPSCoR conference in Albuquerque.
For now, I will be working with IDL (not with McIDAS), so please do not
work on the modifications to MAKNAV.

Thank you very much,
Mekonnen