20051104: request for access to SATEPS ADDE servers (cont.)

>From: "Oana" <address@hidden>

Hi Oana,

re:
>> Can you continue to check nanuk to see if the morning pass over Romania
>> continues to be missing?
>
>The problem is not with the morning pass, but with the evening one. This
>one I cannot find in the nanuk.eosdis.nasa.gov.

OK. Please continue to check nanuk.eosdis.nasa.gov to see if/when the
morning and evening pass over Romania is every available.  The comment
I got back from SSEC reinforces the belief that nanuk should have full
global MODIS data.  It may well be the case that there has been some
processing problems on nanuk that has made the data you are looking for
unavailable.  It would be good to know if/when the data becomes available.

>So, I'll be waiting for some good news!!

I sent off another note to NOAA/SATEPS requesting that the request form
for access to the SATEPS ADDE servers be sent to Andrei/NAM.
Unfortunately, all I can do is ask.  I wish I had more infleuence
in this matter, but I don't.

I heard back from my friend in Spain, Pepo Juega <address@hidden>.  He has
forwarded the request for access to INM ADDE servers to another person
in the INM.  He also suggested that we contact the relatively new
McIDAS site in Athens, Greece to see if they have the data you want and
are willing to give you access to it.  I have written to SSEC to get a
contact name (SSEC did the installation).

>Thank you very much for your help,

No worries.