20051024: McIDAS/LDM/XCD: aputserv locking I/O (cont.)

>From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christian_Pag=E9?= <address@hidden>

Hi Christian,

re: why point at Plymouth State for RTGINI data
>I only transferred, up to now, EAST and WEST CONUS images in my
>ldmd.conf request, because of our aging server that has not enough CPU
>power. When we will switch to our Linux box, I will request more GINI
>images since I will have the CPU power to ingest the data and write it
>to the disk. This is why I am relying on an external server for other
>images we don't really use often. I added the Super-National composite
>in my request line in ldmd.conf, so I will be able to use it
>thereafter.

OK, I understand now.  Since Plymouth is in a transition regarding
their support of a remotely accessible ADDE server, you should point to
a different server for the data.  I suggest pointing at adde.ucar.edu
for right now.  If you decided to use adde.ucar.edu, you will need to
do the following at least one time:

DATALOC ADD RTGINI adde.ucar.edu
DATALOC HOST

>But why does aputserv not dying out after a while?

I don't know.  I only offered the idea because I know that Plymouth
is in a transition regarding offering remote ADDE access.

>For kepler, the IP is (maybe temporarily) 132.208.133.204. It will be
>in the DNS soon...

OK.

>Thank you also for the info on mcenv, I will modify the script accordingly!

You can get online help for 'mcenv' using HELP:

help.k mcenv                       <- NOTE that 'mcenv' is in lower case!

>Thanks again.

No worries.