20050915: SATEPS ADDE group/IPs

-
>From: Owen Cooper <address@hidden>

Hi Owen,

>Before I head off to Norway

Jealous, jealous, jealous... ;-)

>I want to revisit the POES data that you
>helped me get access to on the NASA NANUK server. I also got permission
>to access all the satellite data from the NOAA SATEPS.

Very good.

>I successfully accessed the NANUK server but haven't yet been able to
>figure out how to view the SATEPS data.
>I got a message from Russell Lancaster at NOAA stating the following:
>
>Your IP address, 140.172.240.167 and 140.172.240.31, have been added to
>the McIDAS ADDE access control files on eosp1.ssd.nesdis.noaa.gov,
>gp31.ssd.nesdis.noaa.gov, gp10.ssd.nesdis.noaa.gov and
>gp12.ssd.nesdis.noaa.gov.

OK.  Please note that your access to the servers will need to come from
the machines whose IPs are allowed to look at the data.

>But before I can do a DATALOC ADD for these three machines I need to
>know the names of the datasets, right?

Right.  Security through obscurity :-)

>Could you send me the list of all the SATEPS datasets that you have
>access to?

Attached is the Microsoft Word document I was sent that lists the
various datasets and servers at SATEPS.  Note that this list was put
together in 2004, so it may not be 100% accurate today.

>I would really appreicate it!

No worries.

>From address@hidden  Thu Sep 15 17:29:34 2005

Thanks Tom, that did the trick!