20050809: McIDAS - GRIB Romania

>From: "Oana" <address@hidden>

Hi Oana,

>How are you?

I am much better now that the training workshops are over and my McIDAS
distribution was finally released (this morning).  A weekend of
partying didn't hurt either ;-)

>We "finally" got home, after a long trip.

I hope that you enjoyed your visit to the US!

>And, as you can see I'm here asking you about my Aladin GRIB files. Did
>you manage to modify the source and open the files?

Not yet, but I don't think that the job will be hard.  I think that
the McIDAS gribdec code (the same code that is in McIDAS-XCD) is
not properly handling grids that are entirely east of 0 longitude
and west of the dateline.  If this really is the problem the fix
should be simple.  I will be looking into this probably tomorrow or
Thursday.

>My second question: NOAA email address you've told me about.

Here is the contact infomation for someone in NOAA that will provide
you with an application for access to realtime POES, GOES, and GMS
(currently GOES-9) data from a McIDAS ADDE server at SATEPS.  The
information I am forwarding was given to me by a friend, fellow McIDAS
user, and MUG (McIDAS User Group) meeting regular, Brian Hughes: