20050808: 20050805: Weather station codes

>From: Luis Lopez <address@hidden>

Hi Luis,

>Thank you for your answer Tom:

>The above is my situation and this is part of the command running from
>a script
>
>wxtlist.k APRO=SWR ASTN=PR
>
>The response is Not found
>
>You can take a look at the http://atmos.uprm.edu (left menu links).

OK.  I don't think that the SWR is available for Puerto Rico anymore.
In its place, I recommend you consider using:

wxtlist.k ASTN=PR APRO=RWR  <- hourly weather roundup (direct replacement)
wxtlist.k ASTN=PR APRO=RTP  <- regional temperature and precipitation
wxtlist.k ASTN=PR APRO=SFT  <- tabular state forecast
wxtlist.k ASTN=PR APRO=ZFP  <- zone forecast
wxtlist.k ASTN=PR APRO=RWS  <- weather summary

I found these by running the following from a McIDAS-X session:

WXTLIST ASTN=PR NUM=100 FORM=HEADER

I looked through the list of headers and tried each kind of summary
that was available for Puerto Rico.  There was one more report available
that I did not include above since it did not look that interesting:

wxtlist.k ASTN=PR APRO=SCN  <- accumulated precipitation (coded format)

>Thank you Tom.

No worries.