20050803: McIDAS Download problem

>From: "John Hobbie" <address@hidden>

Hi John,

re:
>I am trying to download the nev 2005 version of McIDAS, and  after I
>log in successfully -- the page welcomes me by name --  when I try to
>down load the distribution, I get a popup window labeled  "Alert"  that
>contains the text    530 Login incorrect.

The FTP server in Unidata has been moved to a different machine, and I
think that some things are left undone in the move (I was not aware of
the move today since I am holding a McIDAS training workshop at the
moment).

I am also unable to FTP to the machine to get to the McIDAS
distribution.  Since the web setup for McIDAS downloads kicked off an
FTP to the machine one directly FTPs to, and since the transition of
this machine to new hardware is apparently not complete, the downloads
fail.

>I have tried this on two different machines, one running Fedora
>/FireFox and one running RH9/Mozilla.
>
>Can you help me?    Do I need to renew my account?

Please try again either tomorrow (Thursday) or the day after when
the system admins have had a chance to figure out what is wrong.

>Thanks in advance,

I apologize for the problems!