20050728: ECMWF per GTS

>From:  "Valentijn Venus" <address@hidden>

Hi Valentijn,

I am helping out in the LDM workshop today, and then start the
McIDAS workshop on Sunday, so I will not have much time in the
coming days (my busiest time of the year).

>Marianne told me soem time ago i could get total ozone burden from the
>ECMWF grid, but i don't see the parameter in my RTGRIDS pointer. Any
>adde server you know (or contact that might know) that provides this?

The amount of ECMWF data that is freely available in the US is very
limited, so it is likely that the parameter you are looking for is
not in any ADDE dataset hosted by sites getting ECMWF data through
the NWS' NOAAPORT feed.  Since the ECMWF model data that Unidata
sites get through the IDD originates in NOAAPORT, this would basically
rule out most if not all Unidata-site hosted ADDE servers.

>Eumetsat is distibuting though the GTS hourly Cloud Analysis products
>(CLI or CLA). See At
>http://www.eumetsat.int/en/index.html?area=left7.html&body=/en/dps/mpef/index.html&a=730&b=2&c=700&d=700&e=0
> the follwoing:
>
>Products for GTS Distribution
>
>The products are distributed in SATOB or BUFR
><http://www.eumetsat.int/en/dps/mpef/bufr.html>  format. The location
>indicator for EUMETSAT is EUMS (Meteosa-8 EUMG), and the range of
>bulletin header sequence numbers allocated are defined in the table
>below.
>
>Through EUMETCAST we only get the 3-hourly / synoptic scaled-down times
>version. Can i setup my ldm-mcidas in such manner that you from the
>upside stream can give me access to this?

We probably don't have the ECMWF data you need, but if you can
get it from somewhere, you could probably setup the McIDAS-XCD
GRIB decoder to decode the data, and then use McIDAS ADDE to serve
it.

>Or Marianne, can you setup
>an ADDE that does serve the hourly version?

Marianne might be able to do this, but, then again, she may not be
allowed to make the ECMWF data generally available (the ECMWF sells
their data).  Also, you may or may not get a reply from Marianne since
hse is heading off for holidays in a couple of days.