20050209: Mcidas route question.

>From: Mark Tucker <address@hidden>

Hi Mark,

I was looking through the support email inbox and I found the following
question from you.  I thought that I had answered this, but I can not
find the answer in the McIDAS archives.  Please forgive me if I have
either answered this previously or if you never got the original reply.
If you did get a reply earlier, did your problem get resolved?

>We have several mcidas routing entries for composite products that seem
>to be flagged as suspended (N1 N2 N3 N4 N5 N6 N7 N8 CI CV CW).  The rest
>of our mcidas routing appears to be working well.  I have tried to
>enable these with "ROUTE REL N1 N2 N3 N4 N5 N6 N7 N8 CI CV CW" but when
>I run ROUTE LIST, they are still flagged as suspended.  What am I
>missing here?

I would guess that the copy of ROUTE.SYS you are trying to modify does
not have read/write permission for the user you are trying the modification
as.  Please verify two things:

- use 'DMAP ROUTE.SYS' to make sure that you are pointing at the copy
  of ROUTE.SYS that will be used by ldm-mcidas decoders

- you have write permission for that copy of ROUTE.SYS

The ROUTE invocation you were using is correct.  If the file was writable,
you should have modified the table successfully.

> [...]

>s N5 MDR/TOPO Composite         260-269      none        none none     3
>s N6 Mollweide IR/TOPO Composi  270-279      none        none none     3
>s N7 GOES-E/W IR/TOPO Composit  280-289      none        none none     3
>s N8 GOES-E/W VIS/TOPO Composi  290-299      none        none none     3
>  NF Global Initialization Gri  101-102      none        none GLOBAL.BAT   3
>  NG Early Domestic Products      1-2        none        none ADDGRID.BAT  3

>Mark Tucker
>Meteorology Dept. Systems Administrator
>Lyndon State College
>http://apollo.lsc.vsc.edu
>address@hidden
>(802)-626-6328

>From address@hidden  Wed Mar  2 10:42:33 2005

> The ROUTE invocation you were using is correct.  If the file was
> writable,
> you should have modified the table successfully.

Tom,
It was a permissions/group problem.   That should have been obvious but
I didn't catch it for some reason.  Thanks for the help.