20050131: McIDAS-X build (cont.)

>From: "Luis A. Lopez" <address@hidden>

Hi Luis,

> I attached the makelog file

Seeing your makelog file helped me to understand where the problem you are
facing
really is, thanks.

On our Fedora Core [123] Linux systems, there are links in /usr/include
that make the development environment work with the McIDAS build:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 20 Jan 26 18:20 /usr/include/X11 ->
../X11R6/include/X11/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 19 Jan 26 18:14 /usr/include/Xm -> ../X11R6/include/Xm/

I do not believe that our system admins made these links on our
standard systems, and I know that I did not make them on the clean
installation I made on a test machine in my office.  I think that these
links were made by the OS installation process itself.

Since no other users have written in about the problem you are facing,
I have to assume that some other flavors of Linux have a development
environment that is similar/identical to ours.  So, I think the most
expedient thing that you can do now is to:

<as 'root'>

ln -s /usr/X11R6/include/X11 /usr/include/X11
ln -s /usr/X11R6/include/Xm  /usr/include/Xm

After these links are made, your build should proceed with no problems.

In the meantime, I will talk with our system administrators to make sure
that these links were really made by the installation process.

>Thank you.

Sorry for the continuing problems...

>From address@hidden  Mon Jan 31 12:43:40 2005

Thank you for your answer Tom.  I reinstalled X-developper (and some fonts
and other package reuqierd by X) and Mcidas compiled without problems.

I really appreciate your help.

Luis