20041214: ADDE access to realtime GOES-9 data

>From:  "Valentijn Venus" <address@hidden>

Hi Valentijn,

I see that you contacted Jeff Wilson to see if the ABoM would be
willing to make GMS-5/GOES-9 data available to you, and that
Jeff was responsive; excellent.

As promised, I sent a note to the McIDAS User's Group asking for
information on publically accessible ADDE servers with GMS-5/GOES-9
data:

  From: McIDAS Users list [mailto:address@hidden]
  Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 2:36 PM
  To: McIDAS Users list
  Subject: 20041212: access to realtime/historic GMS-5/GOES-9 image/sounderdata

  >From: Tom Yoksas <address@hidden>

  Hi,

  A Unidata McIDAS user is working with a PhD student from Beijing
  who would
  like to etimate land surface temperatures using a split-window
  techniquefrom GMS-5/GOES-9 data.

  Can anybody provide information on where/how these folks could get
  access to
  GMS-5/GOES-9 data, preferrably through ADDE?

  Also, are there known GOES-9 navigation issues that the user
  should be made
  aware of?

  Any information or ideas would be most appreciated!

I got back a number of replies with useful information.  I have attached
those replies to the end of this email.

Of most interest to me is the NOAA server that has most of the geostationary
platforms (message from Brian Hughes):