20041202: IMGPROBE max. array size

>From: Owen Cooper <address@hidden>

Hi Owen,

>The maximum output array for IMGPROBE is 524,288.
>Is there some way I can bump this up to say 3,000,000?

Honestly, I don't know.  I see the definitions for MAX_SIZ in
the IMGPROBE source file, imgprobe.pgm:

Line 156:

c --- size of the data arrays
      integer MAX_SIZ   ! size of data array (in words)
      integer MAX_BYT   ! size of data array (in bytes)
      integer LIN_SIZ   ! size of data array (in bytes)
      parameter (MAX_SIZ = 524288)
      parameter (LIN_SIZ = 20000)
      parameter (MAX_BYT = 4 * MAX_SIZ)

Line 219:

c --- WORK_COM holds output arrays
      integer WORKSIZ           ! word size of the working arrays
      parameter ( WORKSIZ = 524288 )

Line 2297:

c --- size of the data arrays
      integer MAX_SIZ           ! size of data array (in words)
      parameter (MAX_SIZ = 524288)

Line 3108:

c --- WORK_COM holds output arrays
      integer WORKSIZ           ! word size of the working arrays
      parameter ( WORKSIZ = 524288 )

Line 3346:

c --- WORK_COM holds output arrays
      integer WORKSIZ           ! word size of the working arrays
      parameter ( WORKSIZ = 524288 )

Line 3878:

c --- WORK_COM holds output arrays
      integer WORKSIZ           ! word size of the working arrays
      parameter ( WORKSIZ = 524288 )

so my initial reaction would be to try increasing the every occurrance
of '524288' to something closer to what you want.

I am not sure what the impact of this would be, however.  '524288' is a
strange size to be random.  It may turn out to have something to do
with number of bytes transferrable from an ADDE server, or the maximum
size for a contouring routine.

My suggestion is to try changing the value -- after making a backup
copy of the source -- and rebuilding the executable and see what
happens:

cd ~mcidas/mcidas2004/src
cp imgprobe.pgm imgprobe.pgm.orig
<edit imgprobe.pgm>
make imgprobe.k                (or make imgprobe.k VENDOR=-g77)
rm ~/bin/imgprobe.k
ln imgprobe.k ~/bin

Please let me know what you find out :-)

>thanks

No worries.