20040811: Calibration units for NEXRCOMP images

>From: Don Murray <address@hidden>

Don,

>The calibration units for some of the NEXRCOMP images has
>me confused.  For the 1KN0R-NAT images, I can get
>RAW, BRIT, ECHO and VIP.  For the 1KN0R-FLT and 6KN0R-NAT,
>the calibrations are RAW, BRIT and WATR.  I thought they
>would be the same as the 1K images since they are all
>"N0R" products.

It appears that there is something wrong with the calibrating of the
NEXRCOMP images that are being created from GRIB messages that Chiz is
making.  As you note, the units for N0R products should be consistent
across the board.

>Also, what is the RSPC calibration unit for the 10KRCM-NAT
>product?

This unit is incorrect in the same way that the WATR unit for the other
NEXRCOMP images.

Since the calibrations used to be correct (I checked these
extensively), there must have been a change on motherlode that is
causing the problems (maybe something got stomped on during the
recent disk fill episode).  My first guess would be that the GRIB
table/table entry is being used incorrectly by GRIB2IMG.

I will investigate and take corrective actions.