20040810: More trouble (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

re: /home/was not owned by 'root' as it should be

>OK. So, as long as /home was set to root, then I can do the commands
>without messing everything else up, right?

Yes, I believe so.  When /home/was owned by either 'ldm' or 'mcidas'
it appeared that a chmod -R in either of their HOME directories
would not only change ownersip for the directores below, but also
for the directories above AND directories below them.  I did
not expect this.

>I just did that with httpd (root, users) and all seems well.

Yup, all seems to be OK now.