20040809: McIDAS trouble after replacing defective disk (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Hi Gilbert,

re: redid passwd entry for 'mcidas' when you installed latest FC1

>Ooooops. (Blush). You're right!

This is one of the pitfalls when upgrading kernels.

re: new McIDAS-X v2004 on weather3

>Thanks! Everything appears to be working well. I used it this morning.

OK.  Since you have sufficient disk space, I increased the number
of days of MD data to keep from 2 to 5, AND I turned on GRID decoding.

>No problem. Can you do the same for weather and weather2? I guess my
>machines won't be giving you any more compiling speed records for a
>while. :-(

I am building on weather2 right now.  I am unable, however, to do a
simple scp from weather2 to/from weather3:

weather2-niu Mci-20> scp address@hidden:mcidasx2004.tar.Z .
Executing ssh2 failed. Command:' ssh2 -l mcidas -x -a -o clearallforwardings
yes -o passwordprompt %U@%H's password:  -o nodelay yes -o authenticationnotify
yes weather3.admin.niu.edu -s sftp' System error message: 'No such file or
directory'

Can you check this out and take corrective actions?