20040805: McIDAS trouble after replacing defective disk (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

>Weather3.admin.niu.edu is back in business with a new hard drive!
>Except...
>
>The xcd_run program is bombing. I can't figure it out.

It looks like you redid the passwd entry for 'mcidas' when you
installed the new version of Fedora Core 1.

- mcidas was not in the same group as 'ldm'
- mcadde did not exist at all

>Also, before I tell
>people to switch back, I want to wait until Monday (NIU is closed on
>Friday) to tell people to switch back.

I got around to building and installing v2004 late Sunday/early Monday.
I will check on it Monday morning to make sure that things are working
correctly.

>If, and I repeat, if you have time, can you check on it for me?

I didn't get the chance until tonight.