20040517: ADDE server on stratus

>From: Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>

Hi Hsie,

>Can you list the products available from startus.  I can not list them:
>
>meiyu:[121]% dsserve.k LIST
>
>Group/Descriptor         Type  Format & Range     RT Comment
>------------------------ ----- ------------------ -- --------------------
>dsserve.k: done
>
>and my MCTABLE.TXT is:
>
>meiyu:[123]% cat MCTABLE.TXT
>ADDE_ROUTE_RTWXTEXT=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_RTPTSRC=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_MYDATA=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_RTNIDS=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_RTIMAGES=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_RTGINI=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_BLIZZARD=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_RTNEXRAD=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_CIMSS=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_TOPO=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_RTNOWRAD=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_RTGRIDS=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_AMRC=UWAMRC.SSEC.WISC.EDU
>ADDE_ROUTE_GINICOMP=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_GINIEAST=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_GINIWEST=140.172.240.146
>ADDE_ROUTE_ME7=IO.SCA.UQAM.CA
>HOST_ADDE.UCAR.EDU=128.117.13.119
>HOST_RAINBOW.AL.NOAA.GOV=140.172.240.190
>HOST_IO.SCA.UQAM.CA=132.208.133.165
>HOST_STRATUS.AL.NOAA.GOV=140.172.240.146
>HOST_UWAMRC.SSEC.WISC.EDU=128.104.109.32

I tested access to the ADDE server on stratus.al.noaa.gov for
each data set that it might be expected to have as follows:

DATALOC ADD BLIZZARD 140.172.240.146
DATALOC ADD CIMSS 140.172.240.146
DATALOC ADD GINICOMP 140.172.240.146
DATALOC ADD GINIEAST 140.172.240.146
DATALOC ADD GINIWEST 140.172.240.146
DATALOC ADD RTGINI 140.172.240.146
DATALOC ADD RTGRIDS 140.172.240.146
DATALOC ADD RTIMAGES 140.172.240.146
DATALOC ADD RTNEXRAD 140.172.240.146
DATALOC ADD RTPTSRC 140.172.240.146
DATALOC ADD RTWXTEXT 140.172.240.146
DATALOC ADD TOPO 140.172.240.146

The datasets I did not test for were:

AMRC     - hosted by SSEC/AMRC
RTNIDS   - more or less archaic
RTNOWRAD - virtually no university pays to purchase the RTNOWRAD data from
MYDATA   - the primary use of this group is for access to local data by
           type WSI anymore

I then wrote a little Tcl script that would get a list of each
descriptor in each group that DSINFO said stratus is setup to server.
After having a list of GROUP/DESCRIPTORs, I tested each to see if
stratus had data in each dataset.  Here are the results:

The following datasets have no data associated with them:

BLIZZARD/...       - looks like these datasets are not setup correctly
CIMSS/...          - SST  -- none have been sent for a LONG time
GINICOMP/GNC24K12  - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
GINICOMP/GNC24K39  - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
GINICOMP/GSN8K12   - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
GINICOMP/GSN8K39   - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
GINIEAST/GNC24K12  - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
GINIEAST/GNC24K39  - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
GINIEAST/GSN8K12   - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
GINIEAST/GSN8K39   - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
GINIWEST/GNC24K12  - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
GINIWEST/GNC24K39  - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
GINIWEST/GSN8K12   - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
GINIWEST/GSN8K39   - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
GINIWEST/GW4KVIS   - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
RTGINI/...         - looks like these datasets are not setup correctly
RTGRIDS/MDR        - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
RTGRIDS/MRF-UW     - uwgrid.sh failure -- ignore
RTGRIDS/NGM-UW     - uwgrid.sh failure -- ignore
RTPTSRC/LIGHTNING  - shouldn't be public anyway
RTWXTEXT/ETAMOS    - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
RTWXTEXT/FOUS14    - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
RTWXTEXT/GFSMOS    - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
RTWXTEXT/SFCHOURLY - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
RTWXTEXT/SYNOPTIC  - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
RTWXTEXT/TERMFCST  - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
RTWXTEXT/UPPERAIR  - looks like this dataset is not setup correctly
TOPO/...           - looks like these datasets are not setup correctly

Comments:

1) BLIZZARD - this is the McIDAS training set.  If you don't want to
              host it, edit the RESOLV.SRV file (in ~mcidas/workdata
              or whatever platform specific directory you use) and
              remove all lines defining BLIZZARD

2) CIMSS    - this is a broadcast problem that I will be addressing soon

3) RTGINI   - RTGINI is the set of all NOAAPORT GINI images.  I have been
              trying to get rid of this group for a long time.  Please
              edit RESOLV.SRV and delete all lines with RTGINI in them

4) RTGRIDS/MDR - Please edit RESOLV.SRV and delete the line with RTGRIDS
              and MDR in it

5) RTGRIDS/MRF-UW - Please edit RESOLV.SRV and delete the line with RTGRIDS
              and MRF-UW in it

6) RTGRIDS/MRF-UW - Please edit RESOLV.SRV and delete the line with RTGRIDS
              and MRF-UW in it

7) RTPTSRC/LIGHTNING - Please edit RESOLV.SRV and delete the line with
              RTPTSRC  and LIGHTNING in it

8) RTWXTEXT/... - I need to figure out why these datasets are not being
              served from stratus.  I will need to logon to stratus
              to figure this one out

9) TOPO/...   - same comment as for 8)

I am in the COMET NPOESS workshop tomorrow, so I won't be able to get
to the RTWXTEXT and TOPO investigations until at least Wednesday.