20040504: Banging my head on a McIDAS problem (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Hi Gilbert,

re: are you talking about the Unidata-Wisconsin images

>Yes,

OK.

re: Exactly what are you running when trying to load the image(s)?

>Under the GUI menu, Imagery>Goes East>WH1KVIS.

If you are using the GUI and not MCGUI, then the problem is related
to a file that the GUI creates with ADDE information for various
datasets.   What you need to do is rebuild the list of information
that the GUI uses for its displays.  Now, given that the more
entries in your client routing table, the longer it will take to
update the information, it may be best to start from scratch.

Here is what I would do:

                          User
mcidas                               user other than 'mcidas'
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
cd ~mcidas/workdata                  cd ~/mcidas/data
               mv MCTABLE.TXT MCTABLE.TXT.bak
cd ~mcidas/data
mv ADDESITE.TXT ADDESITE.TXT.bak     <have 'mcidas' rename
~mcidas/data/ADDESITE.TXT>
rm SERVERTABLE.TDAT                  rm SERVERTABLE.TDAT

Then, start McIDAS with the GUI and go through the process of configuring the
GUI from scratch.  This will require you to provide your Initials (up to
4 characters) and project number (the one you may need if you access
an ADDE server that requires logon).

After the GUI is up, click on File and then on 'ADDE Servers' and setup
the servers you want to access.

I know that this is a pain, but it is probably the fastest way to get
you to where you want to be.