20040427: adde ports

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Randy,

>can you tell me which ports are related to the adde protocol.
>thanks,

port     use
112      ADDE 'gzip' compressed transfers (soon to be the _only_ method)
500      ADDE uncompressed transfers
503      ADDE 'compress' compressed transfers

As per Dee Wade's announcement not too long ago, the v2004 distribution
of McIDAS is scheduled to support only 'gzip' transfers through port
112.  Unidata has been pushing for use of port 112 for several years
because we registered its use for McIDAS with IANA way back in the
early to mid 90s.