20040424: ADDE ; Costa Rica

>From: Melanie Wetzel <address@hidden>

Hi Melanie,

>First of all, I want to thank you for spending so much time talking
>with Paul Neeley about our ADDE hangup, and for finding the solution to
>the difficulty to our "proxy" firewall connection.

No worries.

>Also, I was wondering if there is a web site or contact person for your
>Costa Rica site.  One of our UNR/DRI graduate students is from Costa
>Rica.   He was recently visiting a couple of research institutes at
>home to make connections, since he is planning to return when he
>finishes his PhD here.

I have been working with Vilma Castro:

Dr. Vilma Castro Leon
"Vilma Castro" <address@hidden>
Universidad de Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica

>He mentioned a NASA aircraft research program
>(I think related to tropical cloud structure) being planned in Costa
>Rica.

Yes.  I met with the new NASA representative to the Unidata Policy
Committee, Don Anderson, who told me about the research program being
staged out of Juan Santamaria airport in San Jose.  I have been trying
to get Vilma interested in jointly submitting a proposal for
participation in this experiment.

what is your student's name?  I will send a note to Vilma to
let her know that he is in San Jose making contacts (I will
be contacting here on NOAAPORT matters tomorrow anyway).