20040408: McIDAS inquiry

>From: Kavita Tandon <address@hidden>

Kavita,

>I need some product details /whitepapers about McIDAS software.Would
>appreciate if you can mail the same so that I am able to decide if the
>tool matches our requirement specifications.

It appears that your firm would not be allowed access to the
Unidata distribution of McIDAS.  We are licensed by the developers
of McIDAS, the Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC) at the University
of Wisconsin-Madison, to distribute McIDAS to educational institutions
(i.e., universities) worldwide.

You should contact the McIDAS User's Group (MUG) at SSEC to learn
more about McIDAS' availability for your site:

address@hidden

Sorry I can't be of more help.

>This is basically for one of our prospects having a requirement for a
>Meteorological Message Handling System: encompassing receiving,
>storing, retrieval, sorting, searching, deletion (according to preset
>time periods) of Met data and also for analysis and forecasting through
>Statistical techniques.
>
>Software for computation of following: Thermal wind, Thermal
>Advection,Vergence, Vorticity, Plotting and Analysis of Contour charts,
>Neph Analysis, Isoentropic Analysis etc.
>
>Is there a local representation of your company in India???If so,
>kindly forward their details so that I can contact them and take this
>further
>
>Look forward to an early response from your end.
>
>Thanks and Regards,
>
>Kavita Tandon
>Website: www.ibilttechnologies.com

Cheers,