20040302: graphics gone missing in McIDAS session (cont.)

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Randy,

>We recompiled Mcidas2003 on the redhat box. We are running RedHat 9.
>Unfortunately we are still getting the same errors. No graphics between
>frames 5-14.
>I am at a loss?

The only thing left to consider is if you turned graphics off
in those frames?  This should only last for a single McIDAS
session, but since we are dealing with a completely strange
situation I say try turning the graphics off and then on in
frame 5 and then plotting something in it.

If that doesn't work, the only thing I can suggest is once
again investigating the existence of FrameN.M files.  I suggest
once again using DMAP, but this time from the Unix command
line when a McIDAS session is NOT running:

cd ~/mcidas/data
dmap.k Frame

The only file that should be found is one in a subdirectory
of ~/.mctmp.  If there are more, especially if there are
files like Frame5.0, Frame6.0, etc., then you have some cleanup
to do.

One last question: do you use independent graphics?  If yes, and
if all else fails, try turning independent graphis off and see
what happens.

If all of the above fails, I am at a loss for what is happening.
It would be very useful if we (SSEC or I) could get onto the
system while things are failing so we could do some investigations.

>From address@hidden  Wed Mar  3 07:58:54 2004

ok..can you tell me how to turn the graphics OFF for a give frame.

the other thing i notice is that no matter which account i use to fire up
mcidas frames 6-13 are hosed. Also when i fire up mcidas i get this MCIMAGE:
using slow processing for z-16 images.

Randy

>We recompiled Mcidas2003 on the redhat box. We are running RedHat 9.
>Unfortunately we are still getting the same errors. No graphics between
>frames 5-14.
>I am at a loss?

The only thing left to consider is if you turned graphics off
in those frames?  This should only last for a single McIDAS
session, but since we are dealing with a completely strange
situation I say try turning the graphics off and then on in
frame 5 and then plotting something in it.

If that doesn't work, the only thing I can suggest is once
again investigating the existence of FrameN.M files.  I suggest
once again using DMAP, but this time from the Unix command
line when a McIDAS session is NOT running:

cd ~/mcidas/data
dmap.k Frame

The only file that should be found is one in a subdirectory
of ~/.mctmp.  If there are more, especially if there are
files like Frame5.0, Frame6.0, etc., then you have some cleanup
to do.

One last question: do you use independent graphics?  If yes, and
if all else fails, try turning independent graphis off and see
what happens.

If all of the above fails, I am at a loss for what is happening.
It would be very useful if we (SSEC or I) could get onto the
system while things are failing so we could do some investigations.

<
<
(303)497-8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000
<
<
<
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support
<
<

>From address@hidden  Wed Mar  3 14:58:14 2004

ok...Loaded image in frame 5..did ALT-Z...the image appeared...did ALT-Z
again to turn it off and image looks normal.

no idea why this work but it does.

Randy

>From address@hidden  Fri Mar  5 09:21:44 2004

Randy -

Were you ever able to get this problem fixed?<br>