20040224: Image comparison program?

Hi all-- just wondering if there is a McIDAS program that will do
image-to-image comparisons?
I am not talking about remapping image A into image B's projection, or
in some other way forcing
the images to be coincident;  rather, I've simply got 2 images of any
projection and coverage,
and I want to compare them objectively.  We here at CIMSS would find
such a program very
useful.

 From what I can see,  IMGOPER and IMGPROBE, and the XRD routine ASTAT
come the
closest to what I'm looking for.  Also, the program needs to be
ADDE-based-- I don't want
to have to IMGCOPY one image to my computer before doing the
comparison.   Perhaps
somebody out there has already done the job, or has some software that
"almost" does the
job.   If the program doesn't already exist, I plan on putting one
together and making it available
for XRD.

Thank you!

Sincerely,