20040120: IDD UNIWISC feed changes and ADDE service on cacimbo (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hi Tom,

I think I have made all of the necessary changes on cacimbo.  Here
is what I did:

<as 'ldm'>

change UNIWISC request line in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf to request all
images.

<as 'mcidas'>

1) setup file REDIRECTions:

   cd ~/workdata
   redirect.k REST LOCAL.NAM

2) copy ROUTE.SYS, SYSKEY.TAB, and SCHEMA to /data/mcidasd:

   cd ~/workdata
   cp ~/data/SCHEMA /data/mcidasd
   cp ~/data/SYSKEY.TAB /data/mcidasd
   cp ROUTE.SYS /data/mcidasd

3) update the routing table with the entries needed for the new
   UNIWISC imagery:

   cd ~/workdata
   ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
     <user> anonymous
     <pass> address@hidden
     cd pub/mcidas/data
     get UPRTE.BAT
     quit

    batch.k UPRTE.BAT

4) update the ADDE dataset definitions in LSSERVE.BAT

   cd ~/data
   mv ~/workdata/LSSERVE.BAT LSSERVE.BAT.bak
   ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
     <user> anonymous
     <pass> address@hidden
     cd pub/mcidas/data
     get DSSERVE.BAT
     get DSSERVEOLD.BAT
     quit

   Merge settings from LSSERVE.BAT.bak with new entries in DSSERVEOLD.BAT
   to create a new LSSERVE.BAT file that contains the dataset definitions,
   and then make the chantges active:

   cd ~/workdata
   batch.k LSSERVE.BAT

I have tested access to the CIMSS, RTIMAGES, RTPTSRC, RTNEXRAD,
GINICOMP, GINIEAST, and NEXRCOMP datasets using compressed transfers on
cacimbo, and most all work correctly. I will continue testing and
tweaking tomorrow.

What does not work is uncompressed transfers.  I found that this is due
to a bad line (old configuration mistake) in /etc/xinetd.d/mcserv:

#mcserv (port 500)
service mcserv
{
        log_type        = SYSLOG authpriv debug
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = mcadde
        port            = 500
        server          = /home/mcidas/bin/mcservsh
        server_args     = -H /home/mcidas
        log_on_success  += USERID HOST DURATION
        log_on_failure  += USERID HOST RECORD
}

The last line should be:

        log_on_failure  += USERID HOST

(i.e., delete RECORD).  Since this needs to be done as 'root', I couldn't
make the needed change.  Could you make this change and then send a
HUP signal to the xinetd process?  Thanks.

More tomorrow.

>From address@hidden Tue Jan 20 19:48:25 2004

Tom,

re: change UNIWISC request line in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf to request all
images.

I knew that I would need to do this, but had not got there yet. Thanks.

re:   redirect.k REST LOCAL.NAM

OK, I thought I had done this. A redirect.k LIST did show what I thought
were the proper redirections.

re: copy ROUTE.SYS, SYSKEY.TAB, and SCHEMA to /data/mcidasd:

OK, I guess I missed this. I don't know why it was working before.

re: merge in new stuff into LSSERVE.BAT

OK, I ran the LSSERVE.BAT in ~/workdata when I did the batch.k command.
Obviously, that was before you updated it.

re: change /etc/xinetd.d/mcserv

OK, I just went in and made this change.