20040105: Unidata McIDAS-X Version 2003 at NIU (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

I logged onto weather3 to investigate why your ADDE serving of imagery
was no longer working.  What I found was that you used the DSSERVE.BAT
file as your new LSSERVE.BAT file, but you are saving images using
the McIDAS routing table approach, not directory hierarchy.
Also, you did not merge in mods made in the old LSSERVE.BAT file with
your new copy.

I corrected the problem by doing the following:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd data
mv LSSERVE.BAT LSSERVE.BAT.bad
cp DSSERVEOLD.BAT LSSERVE.BAT
<edit LSSERVE.BAT and merge in changes made in LSSERVE.BAT.bak>
cd ~mcidas/workdata
batch.k LSSERVE.BAT

Now, I can access the imagery on weather3:

DATALOC ADD RTIMAGES WEATHER3.ADMIN.NIU.EDU

Group Name                    Server IP Address
--------------------         ----------------------------------------
RTIMAGES                     WEATHER3.ADMIN.NIU.EDU

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.
DATALOC -- done

IMGLIST RTIMAGES/GE-IR
Image file directory listing for:RTIMAGES/GE-IR
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon
   7  G-12 IMG       5 JAN 04005  23:15:00    23   71 4
IMGLIST: done

So, if you made the same changes to weather2 and weather, you need to
undo them by following the steps above.

Tom