20031031: McIDAS Build Errors under Redhat 9 (cont.)

>From: "Patrick O'Reilly" <address@hidden>

Patrick,

>Not going so well.  Of course, it's Friday afternoon, that's why!  I did
>what you said.  Didn't make it nearly as far this time.  Isn't that perfect?

Given that you modified the McIDAS make file the first time around
(only by changing the VENDOR setting), and given that you didn't get
as far the second time around, I think that the quickest and easites thing
to do now is to wipe out the mcidas2003 directory tree and start from
scratch:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd /home/mcidas
rm -rf mcidas2003
./mcinstall

Please send me the output of 'env' run before you try the build again.

Then do the following:

cd /home/mcidas/mcidas2003
make all VENDOR=-g77

If this works follow up with:

make install.all VENDOR=-g77

>I am copying pertinent info of the unsuccessful build below:

What I see is no different than what I see on the 16 workshop systems
that have McIDAS built and running.  Please try wiping the entire
distribution and starting from scratch.  If you have a new machine,
this will be _much_ quicker than trying to troubleshoot a potential
typo or munged file.

Please let me know the results of the above.

Tom