20031030: mcidas f-key menu

>From: "Fingerhut, William A" <address@hidden>

Hi Bill,

>I have come across 2 problmes with the f-key menu in the latest
>version of mcidas. They are not a big deal; I just thought you
>would like to know about them.

I do appreciate the input, thanks.

>If the f-key menu is going to be
>in the next release, they might be worth fixing.

I will fix these for an addendum.  My plans, however, are to move
the Fkey menu to an unsupported classification.  I need to free
up time to devote to integrating the SSEC and Unidata GUI approaches
so there is one useful interface for users.

>1. from the main menu --> f7 weather text --> f6 upper air obs by
>station in the upper air data lists gui: click on day menu button;
>--no dates of available data are shown.

Hmm...

>2. from the main menu --> f2 radar images/loops --> f1 noaaport nexrad
>level III --> f6 composite reflectivity --> sf12 custom load on
>in the gui: enter station gyx --> click load button
>data loads okay, but the load center changes in the entry box.
>So, if you want to change an option and display again, you must re-enter
>the load center.

Yes, I know about this one.  I was trying to be too clever about

Thanks for the input!

Tom