20031017: mcenv in csh (cont.)

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Randy,

>in addition, when i change my SITES.BAT file to just display a simple image
>the log file indicates that it does but a mcidas window does not pop up
>showing that image.
>
>I thought mcbatch.sh *.BAT would fire up mcidas automatically.

mcbatch.sh runs a McIDAS session, but that session has neither the
mcimage window or mctext window.  You can load images (IMGDISP), draw
maps (MAP), run BAR, and save the frame contents to GIF, JPEG, etc.
file just like normal, but you won't see anything unless you run
mcimage.

The whole purpose of running scripts from things like cron is to _not_
popup the image or text windows.  This doesn't mean that you can't,
because you can.  You just have to add running them from the BATCH file
or other script.