20030820: Weather2.admin.niu.edu

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

>Is my ADDE server running? I am getting error messages in my logs that
>port 388 can't be used by LDM, nor can my ADDE server on weather2. I
>intend to investigate more when I get to work tomorrow. Wondering if it is
>related to kwthomas at OU is reporting...

I am unable to get to the remote ADDE server on weather2.admin.niu.edu
this morning from either my home machine or from a UPC machine. Telnets
to ports 500 and 503 (a quick way of checking to see if the port is
at least open; McIDAS does not use telnet) result in failure:

% telnet WEATHER2.ADMIN.NIU.EDU 500
Trying 131.156.8.58...
% telnet WEATHER2.ADMIN.NIU.EDU 503
Trying 131.156.8.58...

When access was open, telnet to weather2 on either of these ports worked.