20030516: [Fwd: 20030516: GOES products-ADMIN NOTICE NOUS72 KNCF (fwd)]

>From:  Jim Koermer <address@hidden>

Hi Jim,

>Does anyone know whether McIDAS or WXP5 can currently handle these
>compressed GINI files?

Unidata McIDAS does not yet handle the zlib compressed images being
sent on a test basis (currently suspended) in NOAAPORT.  My plan is to
create a new ldm-mcidas decoder to uncompress these (akin to the PNG
uncompressor module, pngg2gini), and possibly, depending on the
consistency of the number of lines contained in each zlib block, add
direct support to the GINI ADDE servers I wrote.  This work will be
ongoing until the next Unidata McIDAS release sometime this summer.