20030418: land/sea boundaries (cont.)

>From: Wahner Paul Contr CSR4500 <address@hidden>

Hi Paul,

Sorry I didn't respond to your request last week, but I figured it
would be better to wait for Rick Korhs of SSEC to chime in.

>I would definitely be interested in illustrative examples. I'd like have a
>hires version of the topo map for the southeast US.

Were Rick's comments sufficient for your purposes (they sure looked like
they were)?  If not, I can add more detail

For reference, the Unidata distribution of McIDAS comes with a command
called MAKEAREA.  It is that command that I use to transform topography
data into an AREA file.  It must be akin to the MAKETOPO command that
Rick talked about in his email.  The procedure I follow was virtually
identical to Ricks:

1) create an AREA from topo data
2) add navigation to that AREA file using MAKNAV (the Unidata version of
   this command allows one to add navigation to Polar Orbiter data also)
3) use IMGFILT, etc. to combine imagery

>Thanks!

No worries.

Tom