20030418: land/sea boundaries

>From:  Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Travis, et. al.,

>The only problem with that is that the topo file has a very coarse
>resolution along the coastline,
>If you zoom in to any great extent, the coastline looks very blocky.

Robert is correct, but you can get high resolution topography datasets
which can be turned into images and used in the exact same way that you
would use the topo images in XRD (and are also in the Unidata McIDAS
distribution).  I'm sure that Robert or I could provide illustrative
examples if you are interested.

As to Dave's comment on Rick Khors being an expert in this area: he _IS_
the master! :-)