20030404: Number of McIDAS users running AIX

>From:  Thomas Lahoda <address@hidden>

Tom,

>Our System Engineering Team has asked me to find out the number of
>McIDAS users and the number of McIDAS users running any flavor of AIX
>(most specifically 5.1). Does anyone know these numbers or can anyone
>tell me who to contact to find out these numbers?

There are over 120 licensed sites for Unidata McIDAS.  The last tally
I made showed that at least 95 separate sites had downloaded either
Unidata McIDAS 7.8x or v2002x.

As far as the number of these sites that are using AIX, I can tell you
that the number is very small; in fact, I think it is 2 and they
are both running AIX 4.x.