Re: 20021226: GRD* programs troubles with WINDB (cont.)

Hi Brian and Tom,
Sorry about the late response. I mistakenly filed the messages on this
thread in the wrong folder and didn't get back to them until today. :-(

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the bug report. Tom's first GRDLIST
example below shows it clearly. I have filed it as inquiry 11966. As you
said, a workaround would be to run separate GRDCOPYs to grab the 10 M u-
and v-components individually.

Another possible workaround might be to try PAR=U V (instead of
PAR=WINDB) with LEV=10[M]. I wanted to test it here so I could verify
the bug and see if that workaround does the trick, but I can't find any
10 MB grids (or any "above" 100 MB) on our servers so I was unable to
find grids with the same level but different units (M and MB). Not sure
why we don't have those grids (maybe something set in our -XCD config
files?).

I also noticed that the dataset Brian was using is named RTNEW/GFS.
We've had trouble figuring out when the NWS will "officially" rename the
MRF and AVN as the GFS. Please let us know if you guys have any inside
info on such a date, and also if you have suggestions for what -XCD
changes should be made and when. For example, at some point in the near
future I would think it would be best to change dataset names like
RTGRIDS/MRF and RTGRIDS/AVN to RTGRIDS/GFS, and at the same time change
the individual grids' SRC field from AVN or MRF to GFS.

We intend to meet about these upcoming changes sometime soon. But any
help/suggestions we can get from sites is appreciated!

Thanks,
Barry Roth
McIDAS Help Desk
address@hidden