20030306: McIDAS XCD/ADDE setup at UQAM

>From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christian_Pag=E9?= <address@hidden>

Hi Christian,

I'm sorry to have taken so long to get to your email, but it got
buried in our support inbox.

>Finally, I've got a little bit of time to try to fix my McIDAS config.

OK.

>I added scouring of the data, and here is the list of files currently
>(in attached text file):

I looked through the list of data files you sent, and I see that there
are no MDXX files.  This tells me that the XCD data decoding is not
setup correctly.

Is there a chance I could get onto your system (logins as 'mcidas' and
'ldm') to see what may be going on?

re: using LSSERVE.BAT to setup ADDE datasets

>I did all of this, but it is still not working, the command:
>DSSERVE LIST MYDATA/PTSRCS
>still gives no products.

The reason is that no MDXX files are being created.  This is where
need to focus our attentions.

re: ADDE setup at UQAM

>Yes, this part is working correctly. Only accessing data through
>LOCAL-DATA or MYDATA doesn't work. I always used ADDE servers to get
>other McIDAS datatypes up to now. But now I want to use my local data
>for surface and upper-air data.

As soon as we have the XCD decoders working properly, you should be able
to access your own, local McIDAS data files.