20030308: waldo and some other things (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hi Alan,

A quick follow-up on things I did on waldo:

o updated the ldm-mcidas decoders to the latest distribution, v2002b

o updated McIDAS-X v2002 to the latest addendum, v2002b.  v2002 still
  has not bein installed on waldo, so you are not using these
  binaries yet.  I did the upgrade to get the latest version
  of DROUTE.BAT.

o made a new ROUTE.SYS from the DROUTE.BAT template included in
  McIDAS-X v2002

The problem with your GOES-East/West compositing was most likey due to
ROUTE.SYS being corrupt.  It got corrupt from you receiving a
Unidata-Wisconin product for which it was not setup.  The reason you
were getting the Unidata-Wisconsin image was due to your upstream host,
papagayo.unl.edu, getting the test Unidata-Wisconsin stream from
unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu instead of the operational Unidata-Wisconsin
stream from gold.ssec.wisc.edu.  This situation has been corrected.

My upgrade of the ldm-mcidas decoders and ROUTE.SYS has you ready to go
when the new images are added to the non-test Unidata-Wisconsin
stream.  New Unidata-Wisconsin products will no longer damage the
McIDAS routing table; this was the main reason for the ldm-mcidas
update.

Also, the clock on waldo was not being set, so the latencies being
reported for receipt of products was off (by ~160 seconds).  I added
the running of /usr/sbin/ntpdate in 'root's crontab and sent a note to
the University of Minnesota group that provides the service (as per
their request).  Your clock should now stay consistent and insure that
your data ingestion by LDM works correctly.

As I end this note, I thing all things are working on waldo.  Please
let me know when you are ready to have McIDAS-X v2002 installed and
working.

Tom