20021227: Access to Mcidas files from OS/2 (cont.)

>From: Earle <address@hidden>

Earle,

>The results were 26 lines in yellow, some of which I reproduce below:---
>

>SFCCON GetConfigDefaultHandle () starting
>                     "                                    opening SFCCUNUSER
>                     "                                    opening SFCCONSITE
>                     "                                    opening SFCCONCORE
>                     "                                    return code is -
>100002
>[the above lines were repeated 3 times}
>Number of Dataset Names = 1
>RTPTSRC SFCHOURLY BPOS=0 EPOS=0 VERSION=1
>ipad = 1997370752
>reading nbytes = 256
>echo_type status =
>Source type = ISFC
>PTCON RTPTSRC/SFCHOURLY GRA=5 etc........
>
>Is this enough to give you a clue to what's happening???

Unfortunately, the important part of the output is after what you
sent.  I should have remembered that it would be difficult for you to
capture the output from the SFCCON invocation and mail it to me,
sorry.

The following should make it easier for you to give me the complete
output from SFCCON:

SFCCON T USA DEV=TTT SFCCON.OUT

This will send all textual output to the file 'SFCCON.OUT', and that
file will be in the McIDAS working directory on your OS/2 machine.
Now, which directory that really is I can't remember, but I think it is
the mcidas/data directory (it has been a long time since I worked on an
OS/2 system, and I have forgotten a lot about how things were setup).
You should be able to find out what directory is the McIDAS working
directory by typing

!pwd

from the Text and Command window.

After you are able to locate the output file, you will need to email
its contents back to me.

It strikes me that there might be a way for me to get on your machine
so I can look around.  You would have had to setup a telnet daemon
to allow this, however.  Can your machine be accessed by telnet?
If so, what is the machine name and user/password?  If telnet was
not setup, what about FTP?

Tom