20021227: McIDAS-XCD 7.805 GRID decoding

>From: Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>

Hsie,

>Somehow my McIDAS GRID and Point Source files are filed into the wrong
>directory (/home/mcidas/solaies/workdata).  I want them to be in
>/wrk/data/mcidas.  How can I change it.

The GRID files in question are most likely ones that follow the naming
pattern GRID6*.  Here is what to do:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd /home/mcidas/solaris/workdata
redirect.k ADD GRID6\* \"/wrk/data/mcidas
mv GRID6* /wrk/data/mcidas

Just to make sure that the XCD process being run by your LDM use
the new file REDIRECTion, I recommend:

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin stop
<wait for all LDM processes to exit>
ldmadmin start

The final thing you need to make sure of is that your scouring of XCD
produced GRID files will take care of these extra GRID files.  To
do this, you must determine which user is running the McIDAS scouring
routine, mcscour.sh, from cron.  This is probably 'ldm'.  Next,
find the copy of mcscour.sh that is being run and edit it.  Make
sure that the GRID scouring line:

qrtmdg.k GRID 5001 6400 1

will scour the full range of GRID files that are being created.  In
the example I show, GRID files from 5001 through 6400 will be scoured.
Your mcscour.sh may not specify the second value as a high enough number.
Adjust it from whatever it is to 6400.  The final number on the scouring
line is the number of days of GRID data you want to keep online.  Leave
this with the value you set previously.

Tom