20021113: who distribuites Mcidas in Mexico

>From: "Raul Rivera PAlacios" <address@hidden>

Raul,

I apologize for not being able to answer you before now.

>I m preparing a modernizacion program for my institution that include
>a meteorological software and hardware.
>
>I was looking some aspects of Mcidas system We have interest in to know
>if this system can be installed for to know mexican meteorological aspects
>for attend the watch and warning.

McIDAS could be installed at your institute, but you may need to get
McIDAS directly from its home, the Space Science and Engineering Center
(SSEC) at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin, USA.

The program I work for, the Unidata Program Center, is a member of the
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research, the same organization
that is home to the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR).
Our license to distribute McIDAS is primarily for research and
educational use in universities.  We already make our distribution of
McIDAS available to Mexican universities.  Does your institute fit into
the university category, or is it primarily associated with the
government of Mexico?

>My asks is about if these is posible, and also which the global estimation
>price and specialy if in mexico there are distributers.

These questions might better be answered by SSEC, especially if yours
is not an institute that we could distribute McIDAS to.  If you are an
educational institute, we could give you the software free-of-charge.

>This is very urgent and is a serious email. Thanks for your help.

A contact email address for the McIDAS User's Group at SSEC that you
may find useful is:

McIDAS User's Group
address@hidden

>Atte.