20021118: Corrupt ROUTE.SYS and ROUTE PostProcess BATCH files (cont.)

>From: Angel Li <address@hidden>

Angel,

>The batch files GE-IR.BAT.rsmas and GE-VIS.BAT.rsmas are the ones I
>would like to get going again on our MCIDAS server. Right now I have to
>the stock GE-IR and GE-VIS batch files that are part of the distribution.

OK, but you will not be able to keep these file names.  The McIDAS
routing table concept was created back in the days where 8.3 file naming
convention dominated.  The name of the BATCH file to run is specified
in a ROUTE invocation through the PP= keyword sequence, and the help
for ROUTE shows that the length of the BATCH file name is limited to
12 characters:

HELP ROUTE
ROUTE -- Routing table utility
  ROUTE ADD product1 type beg end file <keywords> "text
  ROUTE DEL product1...productn
  ROUTE LIST product1...productn
  ROUTE REL product1...productn
  ROUTE SUS product1...productn
  ROUTE INIT
Parameters:

Keyword:

  PP=file xcute | execute a post process batch file where
          file = name of batch file to execute, up to 12 characters
          xcute = NO  -> execute batch file independent of condition code
                = YES -> execute batch file based on condition code (def)

You have a couple of different ways you could have these BATCH files run:

1) rename the files to conform to the 8.3 naming convention and run
   ROUTE to specify that they should be run upon receipt of the products.
   The following would do this:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd workdata
mv GE-IR.BAT.rsmas UMGE-IR.BAT
mv GE-VIS.BAT.rsmas UMGE-VIS.BAT
route.k ADD UI AREA 150 159 CC=3 SYS=2143 2144 2145 PP=UMGE-IR.BAT \"GOES-East
US IR
route.k ADD UV AREA 140 149 CC=3 SYS=2146 2147 2148 PP=UMGE-VIS.BAT \"GOES-East
US Visible
route.k REL UI UV

   If you decide to take this approach, you should create a local copy of
   DROUTE.BAT (e.g., LROUTE.BAT) and edit it with your changes.

2) put your BATCH files in ~mcidas/workdata and create a link to the default
   names of BATCH files that are to be run in a PostProcess:

<as 'mcidas'>
cp GE-IR.BAT.rsmas GE-VIS.BAT.rsmas ~mcidas/workdata
cd ~mcidas/workdata
ln -s GE-IR.BAT.rsmas GE-IR.BAT
ln -s GE-VIS.BAT.rsmas GE-VIS.BAT

Either approach will work.  There is no need to worry about the copy of
your BATCH file being overwritten by a new McIDAS installation since
the ones of the same name in the distribution will be installed in the
~mcidas/data directory.

Tom