20021112: refining how many days of McIDAS data are kept online (cont.)

>From: William C Klein <address@hidden>

Bill,

>I never rec. any information on this matter.  Please confirm.

I looked through the attached email exchanges between us, and I don't
see a pending question.  What have you been waiting on?

My recollection is that there must be a different scouring process on
aeolus that is removing the McIDAS data files leaving less than the
number you want (which I believe, was 9).  One possibility for this
would be the scouring done by the LDM scour routine, but the
~ldm/etc/scour.conf file on your system does not show that the
directory containing McIDAS data is being scoured.

I just logged onto aeolus and see that you are now keeping at least
7 days of MD (POINT) data:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd workdata
dmap.k MDXX

I see the same result when accessing aeolus through your remote ADDE
server from a McIDAS session here at the UPC:

DATALOC ADD RTPTSRC AEOLUS.VALPO.EDU

Group Name                    Server IP Address
--------------------         ----------------------------------------
RTPTSRC                      AEOLUS.VALPO.EDU

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.
DATALOC -- done

PTLIST RTPTSRC/SFCHOURLY FORM=FILE ALL
Pos      Description                        Schema  NRows NCols Proj# Created
DataDate
------   --------------------------------   ------  ----- ----- ----- -------
--------
     1   SAO/METAR data for   07 NOV 2002   ISFC       72  6500     0 2002311
2002311
     2   SAO/METAR data for   08 NOV 2002   ISFC       72  6500     0 2002311
2002312
     3   SAO/METAR data for   09 NOV 2002   ISFC       72  6500     0 2002312
2002313
     4   SAO/METAR data for   10 NOV 2002   ISFC       72  6500     0 2002313
2002314
     5   SAO/METAR data for   11 NOV 2002   ISFC       72  6500     0 2002315
2002315
     6   SAO/METAR data for   12 NOV 2002   ISFC       72  6500     0 2002316
2002316
    10   SAO/METAR data for   06 NOV 2002   ISFC       72  6500     0 2002310
2002310
PTLIST: Done

Since I can't logon to aeolus as 'ldm', I can't get 'ldm's crontab listing.
This will tell us which copy of mcscour.sh is being run to scour data,
and the contents of that file will tell us how many days of data you
have configured your system to keep.

Again, I am not sure of what additional information you were waiting to
get from me.

Tom