20021112: fkey (cont'd)

>From: "Fingerhut, William A" <address@hidden>

Bill,

re: upgrading to v2002

>I hear you. We will upgrade to v2002 as soon as it is humanly possible.
>We are both very busy, and can only do so much.

I really wasn't trying to press you since I know the pickle you are in.

>I ftp'd the 3 files and began to test. The upper air data contour test
>went fine.

OK.  One out of three.

>I did create and upper air cross section. The corridor width defaulted
>to 300, and it worked fine. I returned to the gui and tried to move the
>slidebar. And, got this error:
>
>Error: no value given for parameter "value" to "setScale".

This is weird.  I investigated and found that there was some strange
interaction going on between the setScale procedure included in
xsection.gui and the one contained in upcguiprocs.tcl.  To get around
this, I simply renamed the procedure in xsection.gui to mySetScale.
I also pared it down to do just what was needed for the cross section
plots.

>Then I loaded a radar display. The load center still is reset. ???

OK.  Looks like I commented out only the first of two sections that
needed to be removed.  Thinking about why this was ever done I remember
that way back the McIDAS station database did not have the locations
for all of the NEXRAD sites.  Give this, I had to read a table to
lookup the locations and use those values when doing loads.  The logic
error in the way I did this was to not account for the situation where
a user specified a load station location ID that was different from the
NEXRAD ID or when the user specified a Lat,Lon location.  Both of these
situations have always been OK, so they should not have been altered.

Since the McIDAS station database in 7.8 _should_ contain all of the
NEXRAD locations, the special logic to lookup the NEXRAD location is
not needed.  Given this, I commented out both sections of code in
imagloop.gui.

So, if you regrab xsection.gui, imagloop.gui, and for good measure
bkgmap.gui, you should be able to plot things with no problems.

>A very appreciative, Bill

Talk to you later...