20021101: McIDAS ADDE NEXRAD server for Level III NCEP images

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hey Guys,

I modified the ADDE server on adde.ucar.edu to be able to support access
to NEXRAD Level III images FTPed from NCEP that do not have an ID record.

When the ID record is missing, the server will extract the station
LAT,LON and do a lookup in the McIDAS station database for any NEXRAD
stations that are within 30 km radius of this location.  This technique
will fail if the NEXRAD moves from its current location by more than 30
km.

Also, I finished setting up ADDE serving of image data in Comet Case
Study 034.  Here are the specifics:

DSINFO IMAGE CCS034

        Dataset Names of Type: IMAGE in Group: CCS034

Name         NumPos   Content
------------ ------   --------------------------------------
BREF1         9999    NEXRAD Level III Base Reflectivity Tilt 1
BREF10        9999    NEXRAD Level III Base Reflectivity Tilt 10
BREF2         9999    NEXRAD Level III Base Reflectivity Tilt 2
BREF3         9999    NEXRAD Level III Base Reflectivity Tilt 3
BREF4         9999    NEXRAD Level III Base Reflectivity Tilt 4
BREF7         9999    NEXRAD Level III Base Reflectivity Tilt 7
CREF          9999    NEXRAD Level III Composite Reflectivity
G84KEDFLT     9999    4 km GOES-8 3.9 um IR
G84KIR        9999    4 km GOES-8 10.7 um IR
G84KVIS       9999    4 km GOES-8 Visible
G88KWV        9999    8 km GOES-8 6.8 um Water Vapor
NOWRAD        9999    US 2 km Composite Base Reflectivity
PRE1          9999    NEXRAD Level III 1-hour Precipitation
PRE3          9999    NEXRAD Level III 3-hour Precipitation
PRET          9999    NEXRAD Level III Storm Total Precipitation
SRM1          9999    NEXRAD Level III Storm Rel Mean Vel Tilt 1
SRM2          9999    NEXRAD Level III Storm Rel Mean Vel Tilt 2
SRM3          9999    NEXRAD Level III Storm Rel Mean Vel Tilt 3
TOPS          9999    NEXRAD Level III Echo Tops
VEL1          9999    NEXRAD Level III Radial Velocity Tilt 1
VEL2          9999    NEXRAD Level III Radial Velocity Tilt 2
VEL3          9999    NEXRAD Level III Radial Velocity Tilt 3
VEL4          9999    NEXRAD Level III Radial Velocity Tilt 4
VIL           9999    NEXRAD Level III Vert Integrated H2O

DSINFO -- done

* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/ *