20021016: Setting up LDM for McIDAS-XCD (cont.)

>From: Richard Massa <address@hidden>

Richard,

>my ADDE server is atm20.ucdavis.edu and isn't behind a firewall, so you should
>be good to go.

OK, I can point at it and get response back from the ADDE server:

DATALOC ADD RTPTSRC atm20.ucdavis.edu

Group Name                    Server IP Address
--------------------         ----------------------------------------
RTPTSRC                      ATM20.UCDAVIS.EDU

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.
DATALOC -- done

DSINFO P RTPTSRC
        Dataset Names of Type: POINT in Group: RTPTSRC

Name         NumPos   Content
------------ ------   --------------------------------------
AIRCRAFT        10    Real-Time Aircraft data
FOUS14          10    Real-Time FOUS14 data
LIGHTNING       10    Real-Time Lightning data
PROF6MIN        10    Real-Time 6-Minute Profiler data
PROFHOURLY      10    Real-Time Hourly Profiler data
PTSRCS         100    All point data in MDXX files
SFCHOURLY       10    Real-Time SFC Hourly
SHIPBUOY        10    Real-Time Ship and Buoy data
SYNOPTIC        10    Real-Time SYNOPTIC data
UPPERMAND       10    Real-Time Upper Air (Mandatory)
UPPERSIG        10    Real-Time Upper Air (Significant)

DSINFO -- done

PTLIST RTPTSRC/SFCHOURLY FORM=FILE ALL
Pos      Description                        Schema  NRows NCols Proj# Created
DataDate
------   --------------------------------   ------  ----- ----- ----- -------
--------
     8   SAO/METAR data for   15 OCT 2002   ISFC       72  6500     0 2002289
2002288
     9          ***** ***** ***** ******* *******
PTLIST: Done

The last line shows that the MD file for today (2002289) is munged.  This
is the entire cause of the problem you are experiencing with the MCGUI
Plot/Contour widget.

You need to delete MD file 9 (MDXX0009) since it is bad.  I recommend
doing it as follows:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd workdata
lwu.k DEL MDXX0009

Then verify that the file is gone:

ptlist.k RTPTSRC/SFCHOURLY FORM=FILE ALL

>I'll try changing the ADDE server in MCGUI, and I expect that
>will fix the problem.  What commands are you going to run against the ADDE
>server to see what data it has?

Those listed above.

>That seems like a really useful troubleshooting tool....

Yup!  I really helps me quickly see what is going on a user's system.

>Thanks,

No worries.

Tom

>From address@hidden Wed Oct 16 16:13:28 2002
>Subject: Re: 20021016: Setting up LDM for McIDAS-XCD (cont.)

Excellent!  That fixed it...  Now I know where to look when something strnage
like that happens again.

Thanks again!
Richard