20020924: how to change a frame's background color for printing

>From:  "Happel, Shelly" <address@hidden>

Hi Shelly,

>I have what is most likely a very simple question: How do you change the
>default background color in the GUI so that when I print a plot/contour (ie.
>temperature) to a laser printer - the background will be white and the
>foreground will be dark?

This is an easy one.  You need to change the graphic level 0 to white:

GU MAKE 0 WHITE

>I've messed around with creating a .mcguirc and I've also changed the
>.mcidasrc file and nothing seems to work. I've also looked at the display
>options in GUI itself and the program doesn't seem to modify the black
>background.

The confusion probably comes from the display of graphics and images
is actually not part of the MCGUI per se.  Instead, the MCGUI is a wrapper
around the McIDAS image window, so it is there that the colors have
to be changed.

>Sridhara (the cc above) and I are trying to figure this out and we're having
>trouble. Thanks,

Hmm...  do you think it would be useful to enhance the MCGUI print
widget to provide an interface to set the background color?  This wouldn't
be hard to do and may eliminate confusion about how things work.