20020920: ** McIDAS - -displayVisualMode (cont.)

>From: James T Brown <address@hidden>

Jim,

re: -displayVisualMode

I created replacements for three McIDAS-X 2002 routines that allow for
the flag -displayVisualMode specified in ~/.mcidasrc to be passed along
to mcimage upon MCGUI startup.  The files that needed modifications
are: mcstart.gui, mcgui.k, and upcguiprocs.tcl.

I rolled the new versions of these routines into the compressed tar
file dispvismode.tar.Z which can be found in the pub/mcidas/src
directory of anonymous FTP on our FTP server, ftp.unidata.ucar.edu.

Here is how to install the new routines:

<login as 'mcidas'>

cd mcidas2002/update

ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> anonymous
  <pass> your full email address
  cd pub/mcidas/src
  binary
  get dispvismode.tar.Z
  quit

zcat dispvismode.tar.Z | tar xvf -

cd ../src
rm mcidas
ln mcstart.gui mcidas
rm ~/bin/mcidas
ln mcidas ~/bin

Just to make sure, verify that the copy of mcgui.k, upcguiprocs.tcl, and
mcstart.gui are the same in ~mcidas/bin and ~mcidas/mcidas2002/src:

cd ~mcidas/mcidsa2002/src
ls -alt mcgui.k ~/bin/mcgui.k
ls -alt upcguiprocs.tcl ~/bin/upcguiprocs.tcl
ls -alt mcstart.gui ~/bin/mcstart.gui

If the files are different, the copies in ~/bin must be removed and a
link (hard if ~/bin and ~/mcidas2002/src are on the same file system;
a soft link otherwise) made from the copy in ~/mcidas2002/src and
~mcidas/bin.

Please let me know the results of using the new copies of these files.
Thanks.

Tom

>From address@hidden Mon Sep 23 15:17:22 2002
>Subject: Re: 20020920: ** McIDAS - -displayVisualMode (cont.)

Tom:

The fix that you had me download and install seems to have
done the trick.  At least I have not been able to duplicate
the problems that I was having earlier.  I guess the real
test will come later in the week when the McIDAS users
test it out.

Thanks for the quick response with the fix.  I certainly
appreciate it.

-jim